Well, I didn't think gpupdate had anything to do with it, but I also
figured it couldn't hurt.
I did the offline address book update, how do I do the RUS?

Thank You

From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:20 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Name change

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Doug Rooney <d...@sonomatilemakers.com>
wrote:
Our Marketing manager got married, I changed her last name in AD, both
in the properties and the display name.

  Okay, so we're talking just the various "human-friendly names", and
not any account/alias/address names.

  And you did the rename from the list of users, not *just* by changing
fields in the properties dialog (like MBS said).  Okay.
        I forced a gpupdate and ran the Cleanup Agent and refreshed in
ESM, but still shows her old last name in ESM and in the global contacts
list.
  What about Recipient Update Services and Offline Address List, like I
mentioned in my other post?  I know Outlook in Cached Mode uses the OAL.

  (I actually don't think RUS cares about a display name change, but
it's a safe operation, so might as well try.  Just like GPUPDATE
shouldn't have anything to do with this.  :)  )

-- Ben

<<image001.jpg>>