I was not aware that with the Retention Policies in  E2010 SP1 that you offload
to a dedicated "archive" server.

-Andy

From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 11:48 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2010 R2?

That capability already exists with Retention Policies in Exchange 2010 sp1.

I _suspect_ that someone is talking about the
ISP/SaaS/ASP/whatever-you-want-to-call-it version of Exchange that is scheduled
to be released to hosters, a little later this year. I'm not aware that it was
give a new name, but that doesn't mean much.

I can tell you that --- while this doesn't mean what you've said isn't true,
because they don't tell us anything like everything - they haven't said
anything to the Exchange MVPs about any such thing.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com