don't know about 2010, but in 2007, the command I use is

$results = get-mailbox "John Doe"
$ShortName= $results.displayname -replace(" ","_") -replace("@","") -replace
(",","")
Export-Mailbox -Identity $results.displayname -PSTFolderPath
c:\$ShortName-live.PST  -BadItemLimit 600

I run this from an XP workstation in the same domain as the server.