From: Gary Babb [mailto:gsb...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:17 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: re: Designing & Implementing Exchange 2010 in the new year.

Microsoft has written white papers on deploying Exchange 2010 for 500, 9,000
and 16,000 mailboxes. They are a great read, see white paper description below
from Microsoft:

This white paper provides an example of how to design, test, and validate an
Exchange 2010 solution for customer environments with 9,000 mailboxes deployed
on Dell server and storage solutions. The step-by-step methodology in this
document walks through the important design decision points that help address
key challenges while ensuring that core business requirements are met.

Here are the links to each white paper:

1. 500 Mailboxes -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0e93251-fc04-4a18-8aa0-23817b6d0c97

2. 9,000 Mailboxes -