For HLB it seems to be leaning more towards Kemp Technologies from today's
meeting. The discussion was around the cost factor purely. :(  2 * 5500

http://www.kemptechnologies.com/uk/server-load-balancing-appliances/product-matrix.html

If for some reason as you mention the "*impact*" it will have on the design
can you please touch on a little so I can debate this once again with the
team and IT Director as some are very keen on F5.

You are correct regarding the CAS/HT but overall the design is a bit woolly
I completely agree. The reason being we have to have the requirements in
place by end of Jan ....start sourcing the kit so it is all paid off before
April so I have been told. :(

Yes this will be a Fibre SAN solution with VMware due to saving rack space &
power in the data center (this will be hosted externally)

I read up on the DAS recommendations as well and JBOD solutions on HP
website. Many MS recommendations as well on JBOD and go backup less !!! The
concept is very nice. :)

Thank you

Jim