From: Bill Humphries [mailto:nt...@hedgedigger.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:08 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: database size vs mailbox size

Hi all,

Can anyone help me solve a mystery?

Exchange 2010 small implementation.  30 users.  When I run a script to get
mailbox sizes all mailboxes add up to less than 12 gigs.  We have default
retention policy enabled that keeps deleted items for 14 days.
the database management tick box is ticked for 24/7 maintenance.

The mailbox edb file is 88 gigs.

Any idea what is going on and how I can shrink this?

Thanks.

Bill