From: Bill Humphries [mailto:nt...@hedgedigger.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:31 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: database size vs mailbox size

Thanks, Michael.

I do not see any 1221 events in the application log, but I ran this: Get-MailboxDatabase -Status | FL AvailableNewMailboxSpace

and it replied 10.34 GB.

I also have one user that shows 20 GB in totsldeleteditemd and one user with 7 GB. If I set their retention policy to 0 days will that free up that space sometime today?
12 GB of mailboxes, 30 GB of deleted items and 10 GB of whitespace would be 52
GB total vs the 88 GB in the edb file.  Anything else, I should look at?

Bill

Michael B. Smith wrote:
Check out 1221 for ESE in the Application log to see how much white space you
have.

Also:

Get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | get-mailboxstatistics | select DisplayName, TotalDeletedItemSize, TotalItemSize

will provide you with more details...

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP