The database size recommendations are based on your RTO. If you're relying
on tape backup, keep the DBs under 200GB. If you have more than 3 copies of
your DBs in a DAG, than the size recommendations will grow.  Read this
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2009/11/09/453117.aspx and download the
storage calculator.

- Sean