I never tried that but due to the changes on the database schema and others I
dare to say that you need the same version J

~D

From: Chris Pohlschneider [mailto:cpohlschnei...@smsprotech.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:15 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2003 Database Backup

Hello,

I have a customer that has Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard Edition running on
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. They are using Windows Backup to
backup their Exchange Database and logs. The customer would like me to take
their backup file and then try to mount it on another Exchange Server to make
sure that it mounts ok and that we can pull some data out of that backup if
needed. My question is do I need to do this on a Windows Server 2003 server
with Exchange 2003 or will this work on a different version of Windows and
Exchange (Server 2008 or Exchange 2007/2010)?

or send an email to