From: Missy Koslosky [mailto:mi...@notsoclever.com]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 11:46 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Exchange 2003 Database Backup

Works for me. I also am known for not clicking random URLs.  It's quite
the legacy I'll leave.

<cpohlschnei...@smsprotech.com> wrote:

>> I mentioned the recovery storage group to the customer, however, for
whatever reason they want my company to test it out for them. We would
be in a completely separate forest and exchange organization and I was
questioning whether this would work or not. Plus we are running Exchange
2007 which does not seem like the issue would be with that. I think the
issue from what I am reading is going to be that we are in a separate AD
and Exchange Org and I did not know if this is possible or not given
those facts about the situation.

recovery storage group on the same server. That is what it is designed
for.
>> Another server would only need to be used if you are doing DR.
>>
>> Simon.
>>

>> --
>> Simon Butler
>> MVP: Exchange, MCSE
>> Sembee Ltd.
>>
>> e: si...@sembee.co.uk
>> w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
>> w: http://www.amset.info/
>> w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
>>
>> Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with the iPhone?
>> http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just
$26.99.
>> Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/
>>
>> Exchange Resources: http://exbpa.com/

Exchange..

>> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 19:15, Chris Pohlschneider
>> <cpohlschnei...@smsprotech.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a customer that has Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard Edition
>>> running on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2. They are using
>>> Windows Backup to backup their Exchange Database and logs. The
>>> customer would like me to take their backup file and then try to
>>> mount it on another Exchange Server to make sure that it mounts ok
>>> and that we can pull some data out of that backup if needed. My
>>> question is do I need to do this on a Windows Server
>>> 2003 server with Exchange 2003 or will this work on a different
>>> version of Windows and Exchange (Server 2008 or Exchange 2007/2010)?
>>>
>>> ---
>>> To manage subscriptions click here:
>>> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
>>> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
>>> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist
>>
>> ---
>> To manage subscriptions click here:
>> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
>> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
>> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist
>>
>> ---
>> To manage subscriptions click here:
>> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
>> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
>> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist
>>
>> ---
>> To manage subscriptions click here:
>> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
>> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
>> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist
>> ---
>> To manage subscriptions click here:
>> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
>> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
>> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist
>>

> ---
> To manage subscriptions click here:
> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist
>

> ---
> To manage subscriptions click here:
> with the body: unsubscribe exchangelist

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including attachments, is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or protected
health information. Under the Federal Law (HIPAA), the intended recipient is
obligated to keep this information secure and confidential. Any disclosure to
third parties without authorization from the member of as permitted by law is
prohibited and punishable under Federal Law. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.

NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: Este facsímile, incluyendo lo adjunto, es para el uso
exclusivo del destinatario(s) y puede contener información confidencial y/o
información protegida de salud. En virtud de la Ley Federal (HIPAA), el
destinatario tiene la obligación de mantener esta información segura y
confidencial. Cualquier divulgación a terceros sin la autorización de los
miembros de lo permitido por la ley está prohibido y penado en virtud de la Ley
Federal. Si usted no es el destinatario, por favor, póngase en contacto con el
remitente por teléfono y destruir todas las copias del mensaje original