Currently within Exchange 2010, we do not allow anonymous relaying of mail to
the outside except from specific internal IPs via the Relay Connector.

The problem I have is a network application being used that attempts to send
mail from the local workstation via an SMTP tool from within the "fat client"
of this application.  The mail is attempting to send from the local
workstation.  If I add the IP of the workstation to the allowed IP list, I am
sure Exchange will relay the mail just fine. But I don't relish the idea of
managing "static" IPs for these multiple machines, across various subnets.

Is there a way to allow relaying via an AD group membership, either for the
machine or user?

Thanks for any ideas,
Robert