I've been running MessageSolution for a few years.  I have one Exchange
2003 server with about 200 mailboxes.

In the beginning, it was an almost complete disaster.  The size of my
mail store just about doubled by the time it was done with the initial
archive operation, OWA became completely inaccessible every few days,
and on Exchange store.exe started crashing on a regular basis.

The MessageSolution software would sometimes just stop archiving.

It was so bad that I asked for a refund, but they asked me to give them
a chance to make everything right.

They did eventually (a couple of months of troubleshooting) get it all
working, although I never did regain the space in my database.  It has
been working OK for a couple of years now.

One thing to note, I haven't had to use tech support over a year, so
this may have changed, but their developers all seem to be based in
China. For any issue that required their expertise, I had to give them
remote access to my EEA server and they would work on in during what was
for me the overnight hours.

Some other issues - make them show you everything actually working - pst
import, exporting archived messages to pst files, restoring messages,
etc.  Some of these things seem to work through the web interface, and
others don't.  Some functions, you have to use a separate utility
instead of the web interface - I think searching for messages and then
exporting the matching messages to pst was one of these.

It works seamlessly (now) in OWA  - users have no indication that they
are viewing a stubbed message.  In Outlook, in the preview pane, stubbed
messages have a button to view the message but double clicking opens the
original message as usual.  The Outlook plugin often gets disabled and
requires reenabling in Outlook.  I see this also on other Outlook
plugins, e.g. the Vipre plugin we use, so I don't know if this is a
problem with the plugins, our environment, or just par for the course.

One thing I do use all the time is the searching the archive - I'll
search the archive even for recent messages since it often faster than
scrolling through my inbox if I can't remember the sender and or subject

You can't do a search from within OWA - for that you have to log into
the EEA web interface.  So for users on the road to search their archive
you would have to make the EEA server available from the outside (VPN,
port forwarding, etc.).

So, bottom line, I am satisfied with the product now, since over the
past couple of years it has worked acceptably well, but if I had to do
it all over again I would choose a different solution.

Ralph