From: bounce-9350322-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9350322-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Kevan
Dickinson
Sent: 07 June 2011 14:13
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Email Archiving Solutions

Hi Simon

I have considered the Exchange 2010 Archiving solution but unless I have
misunderstood, if I create a new database for the Archived Email it still needs
to be on my exchange server.  I cannot map a drive to another server with
slower / cheaper disks.  Or I need to install another copy of Exchange on the
slower server that will host the Archive database.

Also the Exchange 2010 archiving will not allow people to view archived email
whilst not attached to the internet.  (Or so I understand) We have a lot of
staff that work away from the office and travel a lot and they have requested
that they would like to see archived email whilst not connected to the
internet. (Like they can with their wonderful PST files).

If possible I would also like to be able to Archive Public Folders which the
Exchange 2010 Archiver cannot do at the moment.

If you can correct my understanding of any of the above then I would look at
the Exchange 2010 Archive tool because it is very easy to implement.

Regards

Kevan Dickinson
Network Manager
NSF-CMi Ltd