From: bounce-9487747-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-9487747-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Wade
Sent: 15 February 2012 10:41
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2010 database

Perhaps we might want to argue the case a little? You need a different mindset
with Exchange 2010 and DAGs.  You can no longer just take a database off-line
and run "ESEUTIL/D" on the database as this creates a new database any copies
in the Dag will need to be re-seeded.  So I suggest that in many environments
Exchange Mailboxes and the databases they reside in is something you may need
to actively manage to get the best use out of your hardware. Schemes where you
allocate users to databases on some kind of fixed basis are most likely doomed
to failure. Not only do you need random allocations, but if a database grows
too big you may need to create two new ones, re-balance the users across the
new ones and then delete the old.

Dave Wade
0161 474 5456