From: Heaton, Joseph@DFG [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:47 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: user issue - activesync

Exchange 2010

I have a single user, who just received an iPhone.  I'm trying to setup e-mail
access for him, using the native activesync client on his phone.  Can't get it
to work.  I've had other accounts connected through this phone, but not his.  I
also can't get his account to connect on other phones, so I know there's
something wrong with his specific account, not activesync or the phone.  I've
checked his account, and activesync is enabled.  We don't have any policies
within Exchange other than defaults, so I can't see any other reason this
wouldn't work.

My thoughts at this point are to disconnect the mailbox from the account,
delete and recreate the account, and reconnect the mailbox.  I'm planning on
using Remove-Mailbox to disconnect and delete the user, then recreate the
account itself manually, then use Connect-Mailbox for the reconnection.  Should
I also do a Clean-MailboxDatabase in between?

Sorry for the simplistic question, I'm still really new with the Shell.

Thanks,

Joe Heaton

or send an email to