On 7/17/20 3:29 AM, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 12:21:54AM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users
wrote:
Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> (Do 16 Jul 2020 18:14:21
CEST):
  Unique mails MUST have unique Message-Id's. Some mail storage systems
  (Cyrus, for example) remove duplicates by message-id automatically.

And I'm looking for the cyrus option, that would disable exactly this.

  AFAIK, this is a hardcoded behaviour of Cyrus, without any regulation.
  But partially broken in some versions, :) say, cyrus 2.5.10 sometimes
  don't remove duplicates, this is definitely a bug.

  If you want to keep duplicates in IMAP box, I recommend Dovecot.

Not sure about the newer versions of Cyrus but 2.4.x had this option:

duplicatesuppression: 1

If enabled, lmtpd will suppress delivery of a message to a mailbox if a message with the same message-id (or resent-message-id) is recorded as having already been delivered to the mailbox. Records the mailbox and message-id/resent-message-id of all successful deliveries.

Often I get responses to list messages as (B)CC. The (B)CC often arrives
sooner than the response via the list. But only the response via the
list would give me the right list headers for replying and such.

  You may put procmail filter behind cyrus deliver to remove duplicates
  that are Cc/Bcc copies to know list addresses, in order to wait for a
  copy from list manager. It may be done with custom router for cyrus
  delivery: run procmail and call cyrdeliver on the end of recipe.