MRob via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> (So 21 Mär 2021 22:44:40 CET):
> Hello,
>
> Trying to solve log message like this:
>
> 1lNmTn-00126S-SH Spool file 1lNmTn-00126S-SH-D not found
> I find 1lNmTn-00126S-SH-H in /var/spool/exim/input with the expected message
> data, but there is no -D file as error said.

exim_tidydb *should* not touch any message files. It deals with db files
beneath db/ only.

(IMHO)

> Error most only happening at cron time which includes to run exim_tinydb for
> all exim databases. Can exim_tinydb cause loss of -D files? How to prevent?
>
> Also now we have orphan -H file for this message (and message not delivered
> after error) so what is best done with the orphan?

This may be related to crashes of Exim. Normally Exim cleans up properly
in face of "normal" errors (dropped connection, …) But, if Exim gets
killed violently, loss of -H or -D files may happen.

Do you use NFS?
Do you have multiple instances of Exim accessing the same directory?

How can you tell that's related to exim_tidydb and the cron job?

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann