MRob via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> (Di 23 Mär 2021 22:37:45 CET):
> > > Thankyou.
> >
> > Is your server a high volume server? Are there messages
> > relayed/received/transmitted during the cronjob's time?
>
> probably not so high volume compare to others but enough so yes we do have
> mail received during cronjob. I didnt have time to look more, but do you
> have any suggestion what could cause loss of "-D" files during cron? Some
> kind of queue cleanup?

Hm. During exim_tidydb the database(s) are locked. I didn't check
thoroughly now, but I believe, Exim waits for the lock only for a short
period of time, if at all, and then proceeds without the using the
database (the db files are *hints* only).

Do you logs indicate that there was a message reception in process
during the exim_tidydb job? Maybe you can split the cronjob into
multiple "subtasks", to isolate the part of the job which runs at about
the same time as you lose the D-files.

--
Heiko