Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> (Di 01 Nov 2022 11:24:45
CET):
> On 01/11/2022 06:28, Brent Clark via Exim-users wrote:
> > I would like to run exim to use MariaDB's inherent TLS / SSL functions.
> >
> > Is this possible with exim? I changed the '/etc/my.cnf' '[client]' section
> > to define the key/cert/csa, and Dovecot picked it up great, but exim
> > doesn't seem to.
> >
> > I checked the exim docs under MySQL and didn't see any reference to SSL. Is
> > it not possible to use MySQL's native SSL support with exim?

JGH is right. We have for the mysql_servers option:

(I missed the related function call in Exim's sources.)

So having TLS options in one of the my.cnf should work. Maybe you used
the wrong option group (as JGH guessed), or the wrong file, or wrong
permissions on the file, or any combination of all these.

--
Heiko