On 15/04/2023 18:50, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 06:03:29PM +0100, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
On 15/04/2023 16:46, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
   My question is: why do you want to use so complicated scheme, while it's
   very simple task to set up a farm of Exim servers, each operating for
   several mail domains, with iptables-based balancer in front of them?

Would this be possible with different servers covering different email
domains?

  No, all servers should cover all domains pulished through balancer.

These are all separate servers belonging to different organisations. They each host their own mail domain and users. This can't be changed. I am not looking to do load balancing. I am looking to share the public IP address and PTR record these servers use for incoming and outgoing smtp connections.

However, you can use 2 lines of backend servers: 1st is the farm
  I described above, 2nd is a line with domain-specific servers.
  Incoming mails should be forwarded from 1st line to 2nd.

It sounds similar to what is suggested by other replies - to use Exim on the gateway vps instead of HAProxy, and relay the email to back-end servers. I think that should cover my needs - that sounds doable.

These servers belong to different organisations - hence why each
one hosts different domains.

  It has no impotance if you want to route mails through one frontend.
  All organisations should agree to share this frontend.