From: ben-an...@yandex.ru
To: expat@lists.ru
Subject: Re: Expat List Do I need a transit visa for Belarus??
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:41:35 +0400

Hi Mark:

If you are transiting with a western passport (no matter if it is diplomatic,
etc.), you will need a transit visa. Belarus is not Russia, so Russian
credentials accompanying a western passport aren't really going to get you
anywhere at the border.

If you are in a big rush, and the embassy gives you enough grief (probably
shouldn't happen with a diplomatic passport, but you never know), you may want
to consider going through Ukraine, as they don't require a visa to cross the
country (as long as the transit is less than 30 days in length). Same goes for
crossing through Latvia and Lithuania (though the connections are not as
straight-forward as through Belarus or even Ukraine).

Best of luck on the transit.

Ben Angel