I'm running Linux Mandrake 5.3 w/KDE.  Here is my problem :

I have a Lucent modem that supports the V.90 standard (56000kbps.)  I have
it mapped to ttyS1 for com2 and it recognizes that the modem is there.
When I click connect it says modem ready and then goes to setting the
volume.  It doesn't do anything after that.  After a while it will just
time out.  Can anyone lead me to a solution to this problem.  Do I need to
change my modem commands?  Any advice anyone could offer would be helpful.
I should probably mention that it is not a winmodem so it should work
correctly (should is the keyword here.)
Thanks
Tom McCurdy, Jr.
 |  Thomas McCurdy, Jr.          |          ©    ©
 |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |            /\
 |                               |           \__/ Have a nice day!