Tom Berger wrote:

> Have you tried installing M6 with the RH6 boot image? Should work.

Hi Tom,

Just read the new version of your faq5 and tried the RH boot.img.
It worked perfectly!

Superb advice! I'll buy you a drink next month for that one.

Now the installation worked wonderful but I can't use M6 :-((

I installed M6 on /dev/hda3. There is Win on hda1 and M5.3 on
hda2. LILO is in the MBR of hda and starts win and m5.3. So from
M6 I wanted to install LILO in hda3 with a zero timeout. This
would get an entry in my (master)LILO as `other'. This scheme
worked for test-installations of SuSE 6.0 and RH 6.0.

In the installation procedure of M6 I got an error that it is not
able to install LILO (doesn't tell why). So I decided to create a
bootdisk. Nada! Same error (doesn't say why either).
So how am I supposed to start the system?

Wolfgang
--
Linux Mandrake's Home: http://www.linux-mandrake.com
Linux-Mandrake NewsGroup: news:alt.os.linux.mandrake