Hi all,

I tried it in the newbie list...but no one could give me a suggestion...

I compiled a new kernel and get some error messages during boot:

Aug  1 23:06:41 localhost modprobe: can't locate module lo:48
Aug  1 23:06:41 localhost modprobe: can't locate module lo:49
Aug  1 23:06:41 localhost network: Bringing up interface lo succeeded

Well I have no idea what module lo is and apperantly it's missing, how to get
rid of this error message? It repeats many times.

And of course some errors with swap.

Aug  2 01:06:34 localhost swapon: swapon: warning: /dev/sda1 has insecure permissions
0660, 0600 suggested
Aug  2 01:06:34 localhost rc.sysinit: Activating swap partitions succeeded

Well when setting to the suggested permissions the swap is not used anymore,
activating swap fails with something like wrong options.

PLZ help...TIA

BTW I searched the RedHat server and before they had some mailing lists, but
curretly the server does not know anything about their mailing lists, no info
at all.

TIA

Jacek