Ken Wilson wrote:

> Do we possibly mean an X client, not a server?  The X server already
> resides on the Linux Box, how else does your X-windows run on your
> Linux box without it.  I think what you need is a client on the
> Window's box that can connect to the Linux box's X-server.

This is a frequent area of confusion.  It seems backwards, but
here it is:

the computer you watch the program on is the X-server.
The application runs on the the X-client.

Example.  You have two computers.  ONe is Linux box and
runs a program.  You want to watch this program on the
Windows95 computer screen.  The Windows95 is the X-server.

For the purposes of the program, the reverse is true, but
not in the case of X.

The original posting was right.  What the guy wants is
an X-server for his Windows 95 computer so he can look at
X programs running on his Linux box.

--
Ramon Gandia ================= Sysadmin ================ Nook Net
http://www.nook.net                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]