After compiling a new kernel (2.2.12 from kernel.org) on reboot I get an
error that the root file system can not be found. It looks like it can not
find anything on my hd not just the root filesystem. When it is booting it
lists all my ide devices and says something on the line with my hd about
getting the irq latter loads ppp a couple other things and then kernel
panic can't find root filesystem.
   I am running MDK 6.0 on a PII system with 1 IDE hd and one UW SCSI on a
Adaptec 2940UW. I have made sure the root filesystem is listed in lilo,
turned off scsi support to see if that helped but it did not. I have tried
turning off ide-2 in the config but that made no difference either. I had
hi hopes for this kernel because I got no warnings during compile and i
usually do but I guess thats the way it goes.
Any ideas
Thanks,

Aaron Winters, Electronic Imaging Manager.
Garner Printing, http://camalott.com/~garner
http://camalott.com/~kaw