are you using PUMP for your dhcp client.

don't know if this can help but I had the same problem at home with
cable modem.

I gave up pump and when back to the DHCP client, the only thing you have
to change is a line in /sbin/ifup and /sbin/ifdown .. replace pump by
the dhcp client program, sorry I forgot the name, I think it's "dhcpcd"
but I'm not sure.

I used "netcfg" instead of linuxconf.

They might be a patch for PUMP to, but for sure I know RedHat
distribution PUMP does not work with all ISP.

hope some of this will help

cheers
alain