I apreciate all answers, I tryied with other account to run kde and didn%t had
any trouble, so just I deleted the /root/.kde directory and restarted to
configure the root kde. I%m not having any more trouble.

Thanks for all your help.
Jorge Carminati.

MIME:[EMAIL PROTECTED] con fecha 29/09/99 01:56:27
Destinatarios:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] @ INTERNET
CC:  (cci: Jorge Carminati/BNP)
Asunto: Re: [expert] Freeze of kwm

wrote:

> > Did you try to ping the box ? If it don't answer, then it means that the
> > kernel is down.
> >
> > > Yes... it's no fun to press a reset...
> > > But FWIW: you can eventually use one of your serial ports to login,
using a dumb
> > > terminal or an older pc with DOS and Kermit (free communication program)
will do
> > > the trick.
> > > Then at least you can login and do a decent 'reboot'
> >
> > What about using watchdog ? It's designed to prevent brutal reboot.
>
> Well, if the kernel's down, 'watchdog' wouldn't run either or would it?
>
> BTW, I have the same problem over here intermittently. Sometimes the box
hangs
> up to three times a day, then it just runs fine for days.  I *believe* that
> there is something odd about the network layer. Crashes seem to become more
> frequent when I have smb running. Odd. I made a search on deja and some
RedHat
> 6.0 users seem to have the same problem.

If everyone having this problem could put their hardware/software
confiurations up, maybe we could spot a pattern. This might be
caused by an interaction between uncommon configuration elements.

my .02

Bob J.