Jeanette Russo wrote:

> I believe Caldera 2.3 already has sound configuration with the
> install.  Not sure how well it works however.
> Jeanette

I have used 2.3 on three installs.

1.  Sound worked

2.  Sound did not work and it took 10 minutes to get past the "Test Sound".
OSS did not work either, at least the OSS supplied by Caldera.

3.  Sound did not work and it bypassed the screen cleanly.  OSS sound
supplied by CAldera did not work.  6.1 was substituted.  Sound did not work,
and OSS (Specifically coded for Mandrake 6.1 and advertised to support the
sound, is apparently dead as well.)

First was a SB AWE 64 (ISA)   Second was a Notebook with an ESS 1688
(Mandrake sound worked on that one even though Caldera's supplied OSS did
not) and third was a board based on the SiS 530.

<Shrugs> FWIW

Civileme