----- Original Message -----
From: Axalon Bloodstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 1999 3:26 AM
Subject: RE: [expert] Sound configuration -- add to Install!

> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Jeanette Russo wrote:
>

> install media. It would be trivial to add sndconfig to the
> mandrake_firsttime script, of course it's pure speculation if that will
> work out ok without causeing any problems.
>
> [short version]
> We are aware of this problem.

Since many new users are likely to use X, how about a README file on the
desk top that suggests what the first time user should do: the newbies can
read it, the experts can delete it. I like the way that BeOS boots up into
NetPositive (its web browser) after the first install and displays a
first-timer help/info screen with helpful hyperlinks for initial
configuration issues.

Hoyt