Hello,

I%m having two problems:

1. I%m trying to compile a program and when I type ./configure I get the
following:

checking wheter the c++ compiler (g++) works ....no
configure: error initialization or configuration problem: c++ compiler cannot
create executables.

I have installed all c related things, in fact I have compiled the linux kernel
a couple of times, but this little program (xcallerid) is giving me this
problem.

2. I%ve compiled a kernel with all the ax.25 things of my interes, I mean the
soundmodem and afsk1200. I want to decodify (just packet rx) with my sb16.
I read the ax.25 howto and followed the instructions:

modprobe soundmodem mode="sbc:afsk1200" iobase=0x220 irq=5 dma=0

when I type:
ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 LU4CJA up

I get:
siocsifflags: Permission Denied

The modprobe loaded correctly all the soundmodem dependencies.

Any idea or help whith these two things ?

Thanks in advance,
Jorge Carminati.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S.: I know that there%s a mailing list related to packet radio or ax.25 and
linux, does someone know the address?.