On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I%m having two problems:
> >
> > 1. I%m trying to compile a program and when I type ./configure I get the
> > following:
> >
> > checking wheter the c++ compiler (g++) works ....no
> > configure: error initialization or configuration problem: c++ compiler cannot
> > create executables.
> >
> > I have installed all c related things, in fact I have compiled the linux kernel
> > a couple of times, but this little program (xcallerid) is giving me this
> > problem.
> >
> Probably because Mandrake doesn't use "g++" it uses pgcc++
> (AFAIK, IIRC) You may need to edit the make file in order
> to tell it to use the correct C++ compiler, or even better,
> make a symbolic link between the pgcc++ and g++. That way
> any future program which asks for g++ will use the pgcc++
> and not complain. :-)
> I may be totally off base here, but that's what it sounds
> like to me. :-)
>       John

John, g++ and gcc are compatability links (part of gnu...)

(root@Elminster)[~]-# ls -l `which g++` && rpm -qf `which g++`
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           17 Nov  1 04:49 /usr/bin/g++ ->
/usr/bin/colorgcc
gcc-c++-2.95.2-1mdk
(root@Elminster)[~]-#

opps, :) colorgcc is just a wrapper... (yours may link elsewhere)

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon