jack malone wrote:

>         Hi all. I think that i have samba running on my linux box for i see a
> share iin the win98 network neighborhood but can not access it for it says
> i need a password. What do I need to do to get it work so that the win98
> boxes can access the linux samba server, thanks in advance.

You can also define a general 'public' directory through /etc/smb.conf
(see in the default smb.conf file - there are some examples worked out, though
commented out)

That will allow everyone to access any file in that directory - so beware that
file may (not) survive [between users]

Hope this helps
Herman