At 02:21  23/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
>       Hi all. I think that i have samba running on my linux box for i see a
>share iin the win98 network neighborhood but can not access it for it says
>i need a password. What do I need to do to get it work so that the win98
>boxes can access the linux samba server, thanks in advance.
If you log into a WinNT domain, then setup your Linux box as a BDC and
syncronise your userlist.... I'm not sure if you have to make the users
manually... smbadduser?? I think command is.

Alternatively, if there is no domain, you can get user's accounts created
on the Linux box, set it up as a PDC and set the domain and get users to
Authenticate to it.

... my 2 cents worth..
trash my suggestions if they don't sound right

Regards

Geoff Croxson
Page me http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1120068
Senior Micro-Computing Support Officer     Ph: 9514 1218
Humanities and Social Sciences             Fax:9514 1041
University of Technology, Sydney           [EMAIL PROTECTED]