Bug Hunter wrote:

>   Unfortunately, that is basically impossible, if the virus detector is
> going to work.  The boot sector is where viruses most often live.  The
> boot sector is where lilo must live.  Virus detectors look at the boot
> sector and notice it changed, or block writing to it.

The original poster could, of course, use loadlin to get around it.  I'm
sure there's a way to force Win95/98 to post the menu of choices usually
gotten to using F8.  Simply put Linux as the default choice and the
system will boot to that.  You'll end up putting the Linux boot block
into the Linux partition instead of the MBR, but it _should_ work
(haven't tried it).

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator