Ron Stodden wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999,  Sher wrote:
>
> > Well, it didn't do the trick. Tried to save a new
> > document and got the same error message about permissions. So far, no
> > luck.
>
> Ideas:
>
> 1.  StarOffice just will not navigate past any mount points it encounters.
> [that alone is enough to get it my royal trash can award]

I do not understand this.
My StarOffice 5.1 on Mandrake 6.1 allows me to use it up arrow
navigation aid to go to any one of the directory entries
that I get when I issue a mount command.
There must be something wrong with your installation.

> 2.  StarOffice seems to require all the documents, etc that it deals with to
> be located in its own local working area.   [that also is enough to get it my
> royal trash can award]

NOT SO! - I can open or save a file in any directory that I navigate to.

> 3.  Even though StarOffice seems to be KDE-aware, it really isn't.
> [that also is enough to get it my royal trash can award]

I do not know what "KDE aware" means so I cannot address this statement

>  --
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron. [AU] - sent by Linux.

My installation are Mandrake 6.1 upgraded from 6.0 using CDROM
and StarOffice 5.1 was downloaded from  the net as a tar file.
I wish yours worked as well as mine.

Bill