Hi, John!

:>I think you answered your own problem: RedHat 5.x. I would
:>*guess* that the problem is likely something to do with
:>RedHat 5.x, NOT with StarOffice since you say it works on
:>all the other machines. So, the answer is: UPGRADE THE
:>BLOODY RH5.X BOX!!!

Easy to say so. The bloddy RH5.x box is the last box i have still running
2.0 kernel. If any of you happen to run ADSM-backuping, he knows why I
cannot update the bloddy machine - if I would do it, the next day my head
would be cut off, because the whole university backuping would be down.

IBM has prommised to solve the problem, and from what I heard they finaly
did it - after several patches which did not work properly. Now, I expect
to be able to update the machine by the end of the month and end this
horor story. However, NFS-implementation on RH 5.x is not so bad and
everything else works OK - therefore i still consider this a SO - bug.
A particularly hatefull bug because it has costed me more than a
week to find out what is the problem, because this particular machine
happens to be my NFS server and allmost everyone has its home on it.

As our local guru said: "Welcome to the wonderfull world of subtile bugs".

cu
        Denis
Denis Havlik  |||   http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik
             (@ @)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]