Hey all.. My Canon BJC-4200 died.  I replaced it with an HP895Cse.

It works fine in Win ( of course ) and BeOS.. ( this is the main reason I bought HP -
BeOS is very limited on printing and required a pcl3 level printing ).

I ran printtool under linux and can choose either the hp 670/80/90 series and the 800
series listed and can print both an Ascii page and direct to lpt test page.

However, nothing else prints, Netscape ( I added lpr -P lp0  -- netscape was looking
for
lp )
and I get activity now, but nothing else but an error light and the page prints Unknown
Device :hp820.

Something is still not set right and I have absolutely no idea else where to look..
I tried Kedit, nothing, Maxwell, nothing.. Something in KDE and gnome also, is still
not
looking at
lp0 with this format..

Anyone got a clue?  This printer is not a "win" printer and is parallel..
It should work with most HP color drivers, since it follows the pcl 3 format..

Help me!!
Thanks!
Alan

--