I've got a few questions since installing 7.0 on my laptop and server.

First, some server config questions:
Any time I bring my server back up after a reboot I have to manually
start lpd since it is set to 'off' in all of the msec security levels.

I also plan to use nfs to share /home on the server with my tower
system, but I can't get nfs to start.  When I try to start nfs, I get
the following message:
----
Cannot register service: RPC: unable to receive; errno = Connection
refused
mountd: unable to register (mountd, 1, udp).
done.                                                   [FAILED]
----

What is RPC and how do I configure it?

Second, my laptop (and soon my tower):
What do I need to do to let all the users on my laptop write to my
Windows partition?  (A stupid question, I know, I just can't, for the
life of me, remember how I had this working before!)

I've tried unmounting it and running 'chmod a+w /mnt/windows' which then
shows drwxrw-rw- as the permissions, but it switches back to drwxr--r--
when I remount the drive.  The entry for the partition in fstab is as
follows:
----
/dev/hda1       /mnt/windows    vfat    defaults        0 0
----

I've tried specifying the parameters where 'defaults' is including 'rw'
and just about everything else that didn't break the mount call to no
avail, and I'm getting really tired of being limited to transfering
files smaller than 1.44MB to and from my Windows partition by way of
floppy disk.  (Besides, I can't very well try out WINE if I can't write
to the  partition all my Windows apps are on.)

I've checked through the archives, but the closest I can find is a
recommendation to use mtools because linux can corrupt a vfat file
system.  (doesn't make much sense that the OS can't reliably write to it
but there's a tool FOR the OS that can)

        - Theo