Actually, WD "used" to have great hd's around 2-3 years ago.
Matter
of fact, and I have a 2 and 2.5GB that are still going strong on
another
computer. ;)  We ran into a batch of bad ones about the same time
period, same batch #'s.  Btw, I ran the diag, and came up with a
0258 error, which basically means the drive is toast..., but
still
under warrenty. (at least)

Dana

Tim & Val Litwiller wrote:

> I build quite a few computers a work for our clients. I refuse to use wd drives in
> Linux computers anymore. I get errors like that on about 30% of the drives. And like
> Civileme wrote I got a 3 gig drive that thought it was an 8 gig drive.  I put that
> one in a windows machine and actually got about 6.5 gig on it before it crashed.
> then it wouldn't come back up at all. just made clicking noises.
>
> The techs at WD know me by name already I call them with complaints so much.
<snip>