Rich Clark wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Larry Sword wrote:
>
> > Trevor Farrell wrote:
> >
> > > How do I completely remove supermount from my system???
> > >
> > > Is it enough to replace all lines refering to it in /etc/fstab with the
> > > more conventional /dev/... references, or are there other files to edit
> > > too.
> > >
> > > thanks]
> > >
> > > Trevor
> >
> > remove ?
> >
> > man supermount
> >
> > You can disable.  Simply do as root :  supermount disable
> >
> > Larry
> >

> All that will do is read in your fstab and substitute supermount with auto
> and vice-versa depending on the arguments "enable" and "disable".  The
> supermount command makes no other changes.
>
> --
> Rich Clark

Well okay.

1.  Supermount is a kernel feature.
2. In Air 7.0 ,AFAIK, it is built as a module,
/lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/fs/supermount.
3. During boot is called from  /etc/rc.d/init.d/mandrake_everytime
4. The script is   /usr/sbin/supermount

So I suppose that to completely remove it one could recompile the kernel or
modify the calling script. Since my system works quite well with supermount
and can be disabled I can't see any reason to remove.
The other reason is I'm not a programer and feel very uncomfortable modifying
scripts and have no reason to recompile the kernel.

Larry