As I gather it, supermount works . . .

.. . . but not for a CD-RW, and my only CD-ROM is a CD-RW.
.. . . but not for ext2 floppies, and I tried one of those second.
.. . . but not for an LS-120 drive (I don't have one of those, at least).
.. . . but not with filesystem of "auto" (which I happen to like).

So my take is that it's not quite "ready for prime time," though if you
have a thoroughly conventional system which you use in a thoroughly
conventional way . . . well, then, you're running Windows, then, aren't
you? . . . I mean, then it would work for you.

I have a somewhat unconventional system and I've been using Unixy
systems for nearly 20 years now and I found Supermount just got in
my way.  YMMV.