On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Bill Beauchemin wrote:

> I can ssh into my box but when I try to ssh out I get
>
> Disconnected; protocol version not supported (Illegal protocol version.).
>
> Any answers as to why?

        I'm guessing... don't know why, but there exists two mayor
versions of ssh, and one is incompatible with the another; the reason: the
prrotocol used. So I think this is the problem: you're trying to ssh to a
host with the another version of ssh. and since I know that the openssh is
compatible with ssh 1.x.x, I guess the other verson 2.x.x

--
Inprise/Borland CEO Dale Fuller was even more generous:
"Microsoft will continue to be a player in this environment