That's because the "for ... in ...; do ...; done" command interprets any
white space as separators - and, I think, without respect for quoting, or
backslash-escaping.

So how do you get around it?  I am out of ideas.  I am simply resigned to
never using a filename with a space in it - which is difficult to do when
you work with Windows often.  I myself keep spaces away, but anytime I get
a file from another Windows user, I try to rename it, usually converting
spaces to underscores.

It's a pain in the ass, but I don't know of any better way to handle
it.  I can't find anything in the bash about changing whitespace
definition (*perhaps* $IFS ???).  I just don't know.  I'll play with it,
and if I find anything, I'll post.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>