Thanks to All for the feedback.

I will be following up on Civileme's info
but in the meantime as I was reinstalling
l-M 7.0 on my test machine,
(BTW "expert" mode and rpm select
was easier to decipher for me with the old method IMHO :))
I discovered something that was bothering me with the
Dell XPS install. We are using a 20gig Maxtor on
Secondary master. The Bios recognized it okay but
when it came time to install via expert and rpm choices
it gave 1285 packages to install for 8323 mb versus
my 2323mb on test machine.!!?? What gives here?

I will be back to the machine in question
 in a couple days and will verify that.

Once again thanks and I will update the list on
progress with the cantakerous Dell.

William Bouterse
Alaska