I'm still kind of new to all this, but the two "drivers" that
Intel has on their site for the i810 chipset are both in the
rpm format.  One is a Xserver which installs very nicely
never had it fail on any installation. The second "driver"
is a module called agpgart.o which has to be "rebuilt"
against the kernel you intend to use.  No  the module is
not in binary, I went inside the agpgart.o module and
"read" in there the part where it checks for the version
of kernel.  I guess a new module will need to be written
when the new kernels come out,  2.3 (experimental)
and 2.4 (stable).
Vern

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> The intel drivers are drivers supplied in binary by Intel, or what?
>
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> | I likewise am back on Mdk 6.1 after a few days of trying
> | to get 7.0 to "work".  My main problem is the Intel drivers
> | I got won't recognize the 2.2.14mdk??  kernel as a 2.2 kernel
> | the mdk "customized" version pukes, so I am awaiting the
> | chance to try out Red Hat 6.2 and see it the kernel in it
> | is a little more "mainstream" I'm not advanced enough to
> | get into kernel hacking although it's tempting sometimes!
> | Vern

    *   Vernon Stilwell                [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *   R.R.#3 Box 168                [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    *   Hardinsburg, Ky. 40143     "Happiness is a warm Penguin!"
    *                               Registered User #165809