On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 13:24 -0400, Stephen F. Bosch wrote:

> Thus spake Sheldon Lee Wen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

>Linux).
> > >
> > > Yes and it chokes on large complex msword docs.
>
> *hysterical laughter*
>
> So does Microsoft Word... have you ever tried to manage a document
> that's more than 18 pages in Word? With images and tables of contents?

Ahem, I did. 291 pages, more than 80 images, footnotes, toc and
index, all with Word97. Wrote it in separate docs and finally
put the whole thing together. Took me 2 working days to manually
correct pagebreaks, footnotes, image-descriptions, Pagenumbers
in toc, etc.

Trying to make a point that you *can* do a large doc in Word!
Also you could do large documents in stones some 4000 yrs ago!
Just a matter of time and manpower.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request