I believe it's just semantics (IMHO).  Now matter how you get there, it's a
program that allows you to use software written for another program without
changing the attributes of that software.  You could call it emulator,
adapter, translator, or even 'recursive acronym' - but it doesn't really
change what the program does.

~Mike~

--
Michael Holt