But it's not an emulator.

It's a compatibility library.

That is, in has the Windows API but it doesn't actually emulate the
hardware or processor or anything like that, which is what is so darned
slow on emulators.

(To see the effect, use vmware; if using a compute-bound application
it's nearly full-speed; if using an i/o-bound application, it's slow as
the dickens.   Why?  Because it emulates the hardware (i/o) but not the
processor.)

--
"Brian, the man from babbleon-on"               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                         http://www.babbleon.org