On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 05:38:01PM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
-> I'm having a problem with samba/smb printing.  Namely that I can't.
->
-> I have an Epson 740 connected via usb to a windows machine.  Windows prints
-> great.  I have it set to share as epson on machine magnolia.  I have a password
-> on the printer.
->
-> In printtool I've told it that it's on //magnolia/epson.  I've got the right
-> filter installed for it (prints fine when directly connected to linux box via
-> lp0).  I have the password in.  I told it the ip of the windows box.  It DOES
-> send some info via the network when I tell it to print.  But windows doesn't
-> even appear to blink.

Well, if you run "man samba" and look it over, you might find a reference
to a program called testprns. Did you try that?

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley